Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Retinal Detachment Surgery?

This is my second question on this subject and I am in my 5 th week after surgery, Buckle and oil. I have not had one day without pain since I had the surgery. From Migraines type headaches to horrible eye pain. The Doctors only add drops while the surface of my eye is scratched and wrinkled. They say the pressure is up and down. The drops are scratching the eye but yet give me nothing to help any of the pain at all.. I have been unable to go outside and cannot stand the sunlight or lights in my house.even after this time.. I want the doctors to take the oil and buckle out now but they insist on leaving it for 3 months. This pain is horrible and I would never have this surgery again. All I am able to do is sit or lay in my house in pain and be sad and depressed. I don't know of anyone who has had this much trouble or pain with this. I feel like it is some problem with the oil, maybe a reaction to it or something, I have tons of allergies and I cannot get the doctors to listen to me. When I have had to visit the surgeons it is a 3 hour ride and it is torture for me, it vibrates my head and makes me very sick, not to mention the sunlight. I hate having to make the trip for the 10 or 15 minute visits, it is such torment. I don't know how many options I have but I 'd like to know if anyone has endured this much pain with this surgery>

No comments:

Post a Comment